Choosing the Best Braces for Your Lifestyle
The days of having limited options for orthodontic treatment are gone. Now, when you visit the orthodontist you will be able to choose from over a half a dozen different orthodontic treatment options that will all work to straighten your teeth.
Why are There So Many Orthodontic Treatment Options Offered?
Patients are often surprised to discover that there are so many different options when it comes to orthodontic treatment. The reason why there are so many different options is that everyone’s needs are different. Providing multiple orthodontic treatment options allows people to choose the type of braces that are best suited for their lifestyle.
For example, an adult who conducts multiple professional meetings at the office a day may not feel comfortable wearing visible metal braces. This individual might benefit from Invisalign treatment or invisible braces which corrects crowded or improperly aligned teeth without using visible wires and brackets.
Another example is a teen who doesn’t want to have limitations on what they eat. This individual would benefit from Invisalign where they will be able to remove the clear aligners and eat whatever they want. The placement of the teeth will be able to be corrected and there won’t be so many limitations and restrictions on what can be eaten.
What Should I Consider When Thinking About Orthodontic Treatment Options?
Undergoing orthodontic treatment to improve your smile involves making a huge personal and financial commitment. It is important to make sure the treatment option you choose is right for your current lifestyle. After all, you don’t want to go through the trouble of having the braces placed on only to discover that you feel self-conscious or are unable to do the things you enjoy.
Before making a commitment to a specific type of orthodontic treatment, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want treatment to be completed as fast as possible? Are you ready to commit to months and even years of treatment or would you prefer to have a faster treatment option that may be completed in as little as six months?
- What is your comfort level with visible braces? Do you think having visible wires and brackets will make you feel self-conscious? Would you prefer having braces that are almost invisible?
- Do you follow directions well? Some orthodontic treatments, such as metal braces, have a lot of instructions for care and maintenance. If you don’t think you can make the commitment to following care instructions you may need to consider a treatment option that is less care intensive.
- What type of results do you hope to see from your orthodontic treatment? Some orthodontic treatments are only designed to correct minor overcrowding. Patients who have severe overcrowding or misaligned teeth may be limited in their treatment options.
- What is your schedule like? Are you able to take time off of work or away from school to attend multiple orthodontic appointments or do you need a treatment option that involves fewer office visits?
- What type of budget do you have for orthodontic treatment? Cost of orthodontic treatment may factor into what type of treatment you choose.
Schedule a Consultation with Stevens Orthodontics
Scheduling a consultation with Stevens Orthodontics will help you determine what treatment option is best for your lifestyle. During your consultation, our orthodontist will discuss the various treatment options that are available, talk to you about what type of results you expect from treatment, and ask you questions about your lifestyle. All the information you provide will help us determine what orthodontic treatment options are right for you.
Stevens Orthodontics offers a wide variety of treatment options. We offer Damon System braces for those who need to correct severe overcrowding or tooth misalignment. We have Invisalign, Simpli5, and Damon Clear Braces for those who want to correct their smile but who don’t want to have to spend months wearing visible wires and brackets.
Are you ready to explore your options for orthodontic treatment? Call our office today to schedule an appointment for a complimentary evaluation and consultation with Dr. Clark. The complimentary evaluation consists of a clinical exam, x-rays, and photos followed by a discussion about your treatment options. Call us today to schedule an appointment. We look forward to helping you work towards getting the smile you have always wanted.